Imlil day trip
Escape the heat of Marrakech and drive into the Atlas Mountains on this Imlil day trip. Ride a mule and pass Berber villages and enjoy the stunning views of the countryside. Enjoy a traditional lunch in a Berber house and take a short walk with your driver before driving back to Marrakech.
Imlil day trip is one of the most spectacular day trips from Marrakech if you desire to get out of the city and delve into the authentic and rural side of Morocco?
Imlil day trip itinerary:
We will start our Imlil day trip at 09 am from Marrakech by a 4WD vehicle or minivan for 2 hours drive south up the Moulay Brahim Gorges, and the Berber village of Asni very popular for its weekly market every Saturday then to Imlil Crossing a vibrantly green valley that stays fresh and lush even during the hottest days of the summer. Imlil is a small village at the foothills of the highest mountains in Morocco Toubkal mountain. Imlil is the center to hire mountain guides and mules due to its unique position and its connection to several Berber villages and a very popular start point of treks and hikes for climbing Toubkal mountain.
Arrival to Imlil here we shall leave our vehicle to take mules for around 40 minutes towards the south to the Berber village of Aroumd (Aremd) (1843m) set in the upper-level foothills of the Western High Atlas mountains, the main trailhead with streams and paths branching out in all directions to get our lunch which will be served in a Berber house in the village of Aroumd. Afterward, you can take a short walk before we return to Marrakech.
Highlights day trip to Imlil
- Discover the Berber villages and the walnut fields while hiking in the Atlas Mountains.
- Visit some waterfalls of the Atlas valleys.
- Enjoy lunch with a local family and admire the amazing scenery views that these paradise mountains offer.
- Visit a local Argan oil cooperative run by women (optional)
- Travel to the mountain village of Imlil on a full-day trip
- Discover the stark, beautiful scenery of the High Atlas
- Mount a mule to climb from Imlil to Aroumd
- Enjoy a traditional meal in a Berber home.
- Visit a weekly Berber market ( Asni Market on Saturdays )
- See Berber villages and get a glimpse of local life
- Receive insights from a knowledgeable local guide
Imlil day trip tarifs:
|*Price per person *
* Private Excursion + Mule Ride + Local guide *
|2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax|
|80 €||75 €||60 €||50 €||45 €|